Friday, February 25, 2011

My New Favorite Past Time

I've never been snowshoeing before this past week, I've always been a ski girl when it comes to winter sports, but I have a new love.  I was in a bit of a funk when the day started and I'm always amazed at the power of the outdoors, and how refreshingly wonderful Mike is in the little ways.  We headed down Lake Mary Road, towards Marshall Lake, found a place to park and then we started our snowshoeing adventure.  It was a beautiful day and I'm more grateful for our snow storm now more than ever.

Here we are at the start of our hike.

His and Her Snow Shoes.

I couldn't even begin to describe just how nice it was outside.

Caught up in the moment of it.

So much love.

Further proof of the love factor.

Mike suggested we stop for a little break half way through our hike and I couldn't help but agree with him.  Little did I know he had packed his camping stove and brought all the fixings for hot chocolate.


While our hot chocolate was warming up we decided it was only appropriate to build a snowman.

Hanging out with our snowman and sipping on hot chocolate. 

Needless to say, this day did a lot for the soul and it was yet again a fantastic reminder of how wonderful my life is and what an absolutely lucky girl I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment