Friday, July 29, 2011

Introducing Our Photographer and Reception Site

So we've managed to take care of the two most important starting points for our wedding, at least for Mike and I they're the two most important.  We have our photographer and reception site set! I know everyone is wondering about the date, but I would hate to spoil our Save the Dates, so you're just going to have to be patient.  :)  Until then, I would love to first introduce you to our photographer.  I know the first question asked by all of our friends and family was, "Who is going to shoot your wedding?"  I am so excited to introduce you all to Alixann Loosle.  She is from Orem, Utah and I have not had the pleasure of speaking with her yet, but I can tell you through Mike's correspondence with her, I am too excited to meet her!  She has put up with all of our silly, dorky photography questions and has been nothing but sweet thus far.  Feel free to to a look at her blog and fall head over heels in love with her photography! :)


As you'll see from her blog, her photos are so soft and they have this vintage flair to them that I love!

As for the reception site, I know some of you saw this photo on facebook, but I have to share it on here too!


Photos just don't do this place justice!  Even the inside architecture looks like a castle!  I know we've thrown some people off with this style of site, but I ensure you guys we are sticking to the country chic theme! :)  For those of you not planning a wedding in Flagstaff I need to share with you that there are not many places in Flagstaff for a wedding reception, and more than that there's not much room to really make a wedding your own.  Which is how I came to find this vacation home.
I've been doing a considerable amount of research trying to find a vacation home rental for our wedding for some time now.  My thought process has always been, "How great would it be if we could have a backyard feel to our wedding with an amazing home/yard?  And how great would it be if our families could stay with us?"  This place is too perfect!  It sleeps 12 people, has a huge kitchen for us to all cook and hangout together, and the back lawn takes you to a set of stairs that lead down to the lake the house is sitting on.  I can't wait to show you guys this place in person and more importantly, I can't wait to spend time with you guys here!

1 comment: