Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Soon to be...

I know some of you saw these photos on Facebook, but for the family and friends who are not on there, here you go!
 I first have to tell you a bit about the shoot.  Mike and I were meeting Alix at a gas station so we didn't get lost, so we arrived early to make our smores for the shoot with Mike's camp stove.   We were both pretty nervous since we've never been on the end of someone else's camera together.  Alix took us way up Provo Canyon, which is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.  On our way up to the original place Alix had in mind for our shoot, this tiny little nook caught her eye and it was the first location we shot at.  Let me tell you, this girl has one crazy, creative eye.  We had so much fun talking about photography with her and she was so fun to be around.  Mike and I joke about how crazy we must have looked with a car full of props, but being that far away from home we wanted to be prepared and we really wanted to pull out all the stops with our ideas since this was our first shoot being the models.  At one point we shot in the middle of the road, which was funny because every time we would sit down and get comfortable, a vehicle would come down the road and we'd have to stand up and then do it all again.  So we had a good laugh over that and Alix was such a trooper hiking up and down hill sides with us!  The last spot Alix took us to was this beautiful field and that's where we did our "camping" scene.  I've been so impatient waiting for our photos, but the wait was totally worth it.  I knew I would love our photos because Alix's work is always beautiful, but I was so blown away by our photos (I know, I'm partial.).  I can't say enough about what a wonderful experience it was to work with her or how much she has inspired us in our photography.  I am truly honored to have her shoot our wedding and I can't wait to share the day with her and all of you!



















































































No comments:

Post a Comment